Part I: THE LEGAL ENIVRONMENT OF BUSINESS.
1. Introduction to Law and Legal Reasoning.
2. Courts and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
3. Court Procedures.
4. Constitutional Authority to Regulate Business.
5. Ethics and Business Decision Making.
Part II: TORTS AND CRIMES.
6. Intentional Torts.
7. Negligence and Strict Liability.
8. Intellectual Property and Internet Law.
9. Criminal Law and Cyber Crimes.
Part III: CONTRACTS AND E-CONTRACTS.
10. Nature and Terminology.
13. Capacity and Legality.
14. Mistakes, fraud, and Voluntary Consent.
15. The Statute of Frauds–the Writing Requirement.
16. Third Party Rights.
17. Performance and Discharge.
18. Breach of Contract and Remedies.
19. E-Contracts and E-Signatures.
Part IV: DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL SALES AND LEASE CONTRACTS.
20. The Formation of Sales and Lease Contracts.
21. Title, Risk, and Insurable Interest.
22. Performance and Breach of Sales and Lease Contracts.
23. Warranties and Product Liability.
Part V: NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENTS.
24. The Function and Creation of Negotiable Instruments.
25. Transferability and Holder in Due Course.
26. Liability, Defenses, and Discharge.
27. Checks and Banking in the Digital Age.
Part VI: CREDITORS’ RIGHTS AND BANKRUPTCY.
28. Creditors’ Rights and Remedies.
29. Secured Transactions.
30. Bankruptcy Law.
Part VII: AGENCY AND EMPLOYMENT.
31. Agency Formation and Duties.
32. Liability to Third Parties and Termination.
33. Employment and Labor Law.
34. Employment Discrimination.
Part VIII: BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS.
35. Sole Proprietorships and Franchises.
36. Partnerships and Limited Liability Partnerships.
37. Limited Liability Companies and Special Business Forms.
38. Corporations-Formation and Financing.
39. Corporations-Directors, Officers, and Shareholders.
40. Corporations-Merger, Consolidation, and Termination.
41. Corporations-Securities Law and Corporate Governance.
42. Law for Small Businesses.
Part IX: GOVERNMENT REGULATION.
43. Administrative Law.
44. Consumer Law.
45. Environmental Law.
46. Antitrust Law in a Global Context.
Part X: PROPERTY.
47. Personal Property and Bailments.
48. Real Property and Landlord-Tenant Relationships.
Part XI: SPECIAL TOPICS.
50. Wills, Trusts, and Elder Law.
51. Professional Liability and Accountability.
52. International Law in a Global Economy.