Part I: UNDERSTANDING THE LAW.
1. Foundations of Law and the Role of Ethics in Business.
2. The Legal System in the United States and Its Constitutional Foundation.
3. Personal, Business, and Cyber Crimes and Criminal Procedure.
4. Tort Law: Traditional Torts and Cyber Torts.
5. Litigation and Alternatives for Settling Civil Disputes.
Part II: CONTRACTS.
6. Contract Law: A Beginning.
7. Agreement: Offer and Acceptance.
11. Formal Requirements–Statute of Frauds/E-Signatures.
12. Transfer of Contract Rights and Duties.
13. The Termination of Contracts: Discharge.
14. The Termination of Contracts: Breach of Contract.
Part III: PURCHASE, SALE, AND LEASE OF GOODS UNDER THE UCC.
15. Formation of Sales and Lease Contracts.
16. The Sales Contract: Transfer of Title and Risk of Loss.
17. The Sales Contract: Performance, Breach, and Remedies for Breach.
18. Product Liability Law.
Part IV: NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENTS.
19. Nature and Types of Negotiable Instruments.
20. Issue, Transfer, Indorsement, and Discharge of Negotiable Instruments.
21. Rights and Duties of Parties.
22. Checks and the Banking System in the Twenty-First Century.
Part V: AGENCY, EMPLOYMENT, AND LABOR LAW.
23. Employer-Employee Relationship.
24. Principal-Agent Relationship.
25. Principal-Agent, Employer-Employee, and Third-Party Relationships.
Part VI: BUSINESS ORGANIZATION AND REGULATION.
26. Sole Proprietorships, Partnerships, and Limited Liability Organizations.
27. Corporations and Franchising.
28. Government Regulation of Business.
Part VII: REAL AND PERSONAL PROPERTY, BAILMENTS, AND WILLS AND ESTATE PLANNING.
29. Basic Legal Concepts of Property.
30. Renting Real Property.
31. Buying and Selling Real Property.
32. Nature and Types of Bailments.
33. Wills, Intestacy, and Estate Planning.
Part VIII: CONSUMER AND CREDITOR PROTECTION.
34. Protecting the Consumer and the Taxpayer.
35. Protecting the Borrower.
36. Protecting the Creditor.
Part IX: INSURANCE.
37. Property, Casualty, and Automobile Insurance.
38. Personal Insurance.