UNIT 1: THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS.
1. The Legal Environment.
2. Constitutional Law.
3. Courts and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
4. Torts and Cyber Torts.
5. Intellectual Property and Internet Law.
6. Criminal Law and Cyber Crime.
7. Ethics and Business Decision Making.
UNIT 2: CONTRACTS.
8. Nature and Classification.
9. Agreement in Traditional and E. Contracts.
11. Capacity and Legality.
12. Voluntary Consent.
13. The Statute of Frauds–Writing Requirement.
14. Performance and Discharge.
15. Breach and Remedies.
16. Third Party Rights.
UNIT 3: COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS.
17. The Formation of Sales and Lease Contracts.
18. Title and Risk of Loss.
19. Performance and Breach of Sales and Lease Contracts.
20. Warranties and Product Liability.
21. Negotiable Instruments: Transferability and Liability.
22. Checks and Banking in the Digital Age.
23. Security Interests in Personal Property.
24. Other Creditors’ Remedies and Surety ship.
26. Mortgages and Foreclosures after the Recession.
27. International Law in a Global Economy.
UNIT 4: AGENCY AND EMPLOYMENT LAW.
28. Agency Relationships in Business.
29. Employment, Immigration, and Labor Law.
30. Employment Discrimination and Diversity.
UNIT 5: BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS.
31. Sole Proprietorships and Franchises.
32. All Forms of Partnership.
33. Limited Liability Companies and Special Business Forms.
34. Corporate Formation and Financing.
35. Corporate Directors, Officers, and Shareholders.
36. Corporate Acquisitions, Takeovers, and Termination.
37. Investor Protection, Insider Trading, and Corporate Governance.
UNIT 6: GOVERNMENT REGULATION.
38. Administrative Law.
39. Promoting Competition.
40. Consumer Law and Environmental Law.
41. Liability of Accountants and Other Professionals.
Unit 7: Property and Its Protection.
42. Personal Property and Bailments.
43. Real Property and Landlord-Tenant Law.
44. Insurance, Wills, and Trusts.
A. How to Brief Cases and Analyze Case Problems.
B. The Constitution of the United States.
C. The Uniform Commercial Code (Excerpts).
D. The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (Excerpts and Explanatory Comments).
E. Answers to the Issue Spotters.
F. Answers to Even-Numbered For Review Questions.
G. Sample Answers for Questions with Sample Answer.
H. Sample Answers for Case Problems with Sample Answer.